Polite & Friendly's

in

Black ops on a laptop?

sgm10Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:07 am

Anyone else playing Blkops on a laptop? I have an almost new HP Pavilion DV7 Intel core I7 with an ATI 5650 video card and have constant lock ups. I have no issues what so ever on my desktop but this thing is killing. It seems to last about 1-2 games and then either locks up or gives me the blue screen of death. I have tried all of the tweaks and all the drivers are current but still have constant issues. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem on a laptop.
Quote Post

just-dieWed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

welcome to my world  Smile

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
since the last patch my game is now unplayable freezing all the time.yes i`ve...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Dov Carson) - 12/21/2010 01:46 PM
Thank you for the update. I will forward this back to the appropriate partied for further review. We will try and reproduce given the information that you have provided. At this time we have not been able to reproduce this issue

this thread i started a month ago at activision
Quote Post

PogibryThu Dec 23, 2010 10:20 am

Your system should be able to handle it just fine. What internet connection do you have? I have a 16" Samsung with i5, 4gb ram, nvidia 310m and 64-bit. With full resolution (720p) and a few settings turned down, the game is playable for me surprisingly. I must be lucky because I haven't had any lockups on my laptop or desktop.
Quote Post

GeoholicThu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am

Hey guys,

since my PC is more than 5 years old I'm "forced" to play all my games on my laptop (about 1 year old, Core2Duo T5900 2.2GHz, 3GB RAM, GeForce 9650M GT with 1GB RAM).
I had the same problems and after the last patch it got even worse than before. But then I remembered something that Luke once said in TS: It helped some players to run the game windowed.
Result for me: Since I run it windowed it crashed only 2 times (in about 8 - 10 hours of playing).

To get to the windowed mode, you have go to settings -> graphics -> fullscreen -> no (I hope this is it, I only have the German version and don't know, if it's the same in the English one).

Just try it, it works pretty fine for me.
Quote Post

Forums ©