Polite & Friendly's

in

Had to Change account Name-FYI

T_DurdenFri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 pm

I had a "small" steam issue today, and I had to repurchase the game again, which with the new install and Key, would let me use my old account name of T_Durden-BK-, since it was tied to the old key.

Anyhow, my new account name is T-Durden-BK-, small difference, just wanted everyone to know that it is still me and not some imposter:)
Quote Post

wesleyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm

good to know
Quote Post

Fish_USNFri Apr 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks for keeping us in the loop T-Durden

Fish USN
Quote Post

T_DurdenSat Apr 25, 2009 5:05 am

didn't realize I would lose all my profile data as well, seems its tied to the CD-Key as well:(

SO, had to start from lvl 1 today, made it to lvl 25, not to bad for a days work I guess...Can I get paid for that?
Quote Post

HoganSat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 am

Sure we will pay you in virtual money.  LOL You can use it to buy more lives in the virtual world. Dont spend it all in one place.
Quote Post

SeattleSat Apr 25, 2009 4:03 pm

What happened with steam??...Most everyone I know who has to buy all new steam stuff (it can't be your computer they ALWAYS have your info)...well its always been because they were caught cheating...so I am curious...What happened with steam again??
Quote Post

T_DurdenSat Apr 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Well,  I bought my steam version from a guy on Ebay after a recommendation from a friend who bought a bunch of games from the seller, for $30, thought I was saving a little bit of coin at the time finding a good deal, he had over 200 positive feedback relating directly to steam game  sales. Anyhow, long story short, its Against Steam's EULA to buy anywhere but Steam (which I had not read until all of this came about) and the game was revoked, so I had to spend another $50 and buy another copy...
Quote Post

SeattleSun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 am

...THX for clearing that up..It never pays to go cheap..i've learned that lesson the hard way..its always worth a extra 10-20 bucks!
Quote Post

DiggerBazSun Apr 26, 2009 7:36 am

Durden ......who?    Lol. Just kidding.  I'm always cagey about buying games because they're cheaper.  Pardon my ignorance.. But what is "steam"?
Quote Post

T_DurdenSun Apr 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Yeah, well the I enjoy spending 80 for a $50 game and starting over from scratch apparently!Smile

Steam is a Digital Distribution client (buy your games online, download them directly) from Valve Software, the makers of Halflife, Counterstrike, etc....

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery)[url]
Quote Post

Forums ©