Polite & Friendly's

in

the hits keep coming

BraxisSat May 26, 2012 1:23 am

Well, I got all of my computer dramas resolved, the big old beastie is purring away and I was just starting to get into Diablo 3, and then my 22" monitors' back light decides that its time to pack it in.  Given that its 7 years old, and I bought it on the cheap, I can't say I'm completely surprised by this, but it is awe fully inconvenient.  Currently, I have one of my friends monitors plugged in, just so that I can actually have a computer while I wait on my new toy.  Being an impulsive single guy, with a fairly substantial collection of games, movies and such, I went just a teensey bit overboard with the replacement...

My Sony Bravia 46" 3d TV should be here by next Friday, and yes, I am as giddy as a schoolgirl.

I'll take some pics when I get it all set up.
SFC.Braxis*BK*
Quote Post

Just_A_GuySat May 26, 2012 2:29 am

BIG screen. nice
Quote Post

ARRGGHHHSat May 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Cool
Quote Post

OldYellrSun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

Lucky dog!
Quote Post

ST0RMSURGESun May 27, 2012 5:13 am

awesome "monitor"!  go big or go  home!

very jealous.
Quote Post

BraxisSun May 27, 2012 12:10 pm

hehe, stormsurge, that is pretty much my motto all around.  I have a bit of a gun collection as well, and my favorite caliber at the moment is my .375 H&H Magnum elephant gun.  People say the same thing to me when I pull that out at the range ^.^
Quote Post

bigconnSun May 27, 2012 5:14 pm

that pixel you see moving will probably be me Smile
Quote Post

BraxisFri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 pm

IT'S HERE!!!

my new TV came in, and it is GLORIOUS!

Quote Post

AbramFri Jun 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Next step: get that sucker mounted to the wall. Monoprice.com is an excellent place for such things.
Quote Post

BraxisFri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm

i definitely would get it wall mounted, except i am in an apartment, and the landlord will not allow any holes in the walls, not even for picture frames... so i will make do with desk mounting for the moment
Quote Post

AbramFri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 pm

That's pretty lame. What a cheapskate.
Quote Post

ARRGGHHHSat Jun 02, 2012 12:29 am

Kinda small monitor don't you think?

LOL

just kidding - pretty sweet man!!!!!
Quote Post

Forums ©