Polite & Friendly's

in

BF3 with tactics. Teamwork wins games.

SheepdawgTue Jan 10, 2012 4:20 am

New videos.  This is teamwork at best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmdQs8ZzbY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Heres a good example of what jets can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w307eRTStgs&feature=youtu.be

We need VoIP in game.  THeres no way to coordinate this on a Battlelog Party, OR TS.

Anyway, enjoy! Twisted Evil
Quote Post

AbramTue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 am

Yes folks are finally starting to actually use good teamwork recently. I'll often offer to use a CITV seat or a SOFLAM to lase, or to equip a javelin if someone else wants to lase, but its too often not responded to. And using teamwork get get those pesky choppers down is oh so satisfying.

Really throws off a match if one side co-operates, and the other does not. I've had teams win or lose many concurrent matches because of teamwork, or lack thereof. Yes, PC certainly need squad chat. I assume the Battlelog party chat works, though I've never used it.

Playing in softcore sure makes using those jets easier, though. I've had decent luck using a jet to take to down other aircraft, but not so much for ground targets. And having the last remaining multi-monitor bug of having no visual lock indicator doesn't help. *shakes fist*
Quote Post

mr-tTue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

i am suprised that those guys using the javlins were not sniped out fairly oftern
Quote Post

BraxisTue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

well remember they were playing on a softcore server, T, that makes a huge difference in nerfing the snipers.  Yea, that first vid was just about the perfect squad, lots of communication going on.  We have done a few of these sort of things, i remember one last week with me, Strand, ARRGGGHHH, and Sheepdawg, (i think) where we were doing a similar thing on a string of maps, easily getting ace squad, winning the rounds by a big margin,  and generally wreaking havoc for at least 7 consecutive rounds.  teamwork is a POWERFUL tool.  

SSG.Braxis*BK*
Quote Post

PFGreenLabelTue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Braxis wrote:

well remember they were playing on a softcore server, T, that makes a huge difference in nerfing the snipers.  Yea, that first vid was just about the perfect squad, lots of communication going on.  We have done a few of these sort of things, i remember one last week with me, Strand, ARRGGGHHH, and Sheepdawg, (i think) where we were doing a similar thing on a string of maps, easily getting ace squad, winning the rounds by a big margin,  and generally wreaking havoc for at least 7 consecutive rounds.  teamwork is a POWERFUL tool.  

SSG.Braxis*BK*

I hope to be there with you one day man just to see it happen! When I am less sleep deprived and able to keep up! Were there many in the squad or was it just one or two?
Quote Post

BraxisTue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Green, it kept shifting i think Strand and I were the 2 who stayed the longest, but others kept coming in and out as they could.  as the video shows, the blend of classes you have is very important, I'm to the point now where i will play whatever class will complement my squad the best, not what will get me top kill count (tho they sometimes go hand in hand  Twisted Evil )
Quote Post

KarowTue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Teamwork does equal higher scores but more importantly the game is just so much more fun for me anyway
Quote Post

UchiMataWed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 am

Played earlier at the same time as Braxis ... No one had soflams when I had javelins and when I put soflams up, no one was using javelins. Then as soon as I get into a heli I get shot down ;-(   Grrrr
Quote Post

BraxisWed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

UchiMata wrote:

Played earlier at the same time as Braxis ... No one had soflams when I had javelins and when I put soflams up, no one was using javelins. Then as soon as I get into a heli I get shot down ;-(   Grrrr

hehehehe
Quote Post

BarnabyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Interesting post here, that is how I like to play.
I like using soflam, but there is only minimal points reward for doing so which hardly makes it worth doing but I certainly respond aggresively if someone makes it active.
Even Q spotting seems of little reward encouragement.
Same with the ammo for Javs ect it would be good if you could set up a store which remained even if only a double issue.  I know that's a bit contentous but you can with the morta drop a ammo pack infront and never run out which is eqally crass but something inbetween would be good.  Maybe good team work with a mix of soldiers who could drop the jav-man a pack would overcome this issue.
I had a very good time last night on an euro server supporting a Lav Q spotting and keeping at bay attackers with my jav wearing the big pockets for a few more rockets. soflam was also active which allowed my Jav to do both air and ground defence.

It seems I got into a like minded sqd who sorted out a weapon mix and it worked very well.
That's another thing I like is when ground troops support/follow the tanks etc to the next target offering protecting cover.  Much better than when a tank charges from one target to the next.

Maybe one day . . . . .  maybe.
Quote Post

Forums ©