Polite & Friendly's

in

Posting Your Game Vids to Youtube (or wherever you want)

BraxisThu Jan 13, 2011 4:23 pm

So, i have been asked by a number of people how I was able to post a video of my Care Package steal and subsequent wreaking of the other team to the forums, so rather than repeat myself again and again, I though I would post step by step instructions on

How to Get your Black Ops Theater recordings exported to your computer:

Please Note: you can only do this with one movie at a time. Black Ops overwrites the exported file every time you render a new one.

Step 1: find the game vid you want saved, and put it into your fileshare.

EDIT: Just realized you have to make a clip of the vid you want to put up. (basically, watch the vid, hit "record" for the segment you want, at the end it will ask you what to do with the clip, save it to fileshare)

Step 2: click on the video, like you are going to open it up. this brings up a menu of options. the second option down says "Render Clip", this is the one you want.

Step 3: the game will now render a copy of whatever comes up on the screen, you can change camera angles, switch players, rewind and play in slo motion, etc etc.  the computer will render whatever is on the screen into the exported file, so it may take a few tries to get things looking the way you want.

Step 4: after you have watched through the segment of the game you want to have, get out of game. Go to :C/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/CallOfDutyBlackOps/Movies

your Movie (.avi file) should be waiting for you there. the title is usually the map, gametype, date, and your score.

Grab the movie and copy to youtube or wherever else you would like it to go!

Voila!
SSG.Braxis*BK*
Quote Post

UchiMataThu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 pm

I learn something new every day. Thanks!
Quote Post

BleveeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm not seeing this render option.

Per your instructions;  placed video in file share slot.  Click on it.  No Render option in menu.

Also,  no "Movie" folder under my "call of duty black ops" folder.
Quote Post

BraxisTue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 am

Blevee: see the EDIT section
Quote Post

BleveeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

Got it!  Thanks!
Quote Post

LADYHAWKSun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 pm

bump for scooby Smile
Quote Post

reddragnMon Mar 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Better option is to record the screen with "Fraps" and then edit the movie and convert to mp4 with any free converter. This will give you better resolution even HD.
Quote Post

BraxisMon Mar 28, 2011 7:25 pm

yes, this is true. but for those of you who dont have other screen capture programs...
Quote Post

LADYHAWKSun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 pm

bump
Quote Post

TakerDeep2008Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 am

We need to stick this topic
Quote Post

Forums ©