Polite & Friendly's

in

MOH Notes

AstroDadThu Oct 21, 2010 3:39 am

I like MOH but I found a bunch of weaknesses and was wondering what everyone thought.

Out of Bounds - One of the maps tonight there was a sniper that was perched up in an out of bounds area. I went in after them and I was killed for being out of bounds but they were happily shooting from the area. When the map switched, that same area was NOT out of bounds for the defending team. Completely bogus.

Nades and anything that explodes - How weak can a grenade be? RPG's are the same. Seems that these are worthless

Spawn points - At first I didn't like spawning on the front, but when you spawn it should at least point you in a logical direction

No prone, no lean - Come on, I know the MOH series has never done this but where is the realism?

Bullet Dynamics? - I can't tell you how many times I will be behind something very solid only to be hit and the direction show I was being hit from an impossible location. As if I had moved from being in the way of a bullet, to not being in the way but the computer calculated that I should be hit, even though it is not possible when the damage is taken.

I love the objective based games, but really wish you could go prone and lean.

Another thought, our rotation of maps is getting old fast. Can we expand the maps? I know some of them are small but seriously it is already getting old.
Quote Post

LukeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:44 am

We have every map the game offers in our server rotations that is all we can do. If BC2 is any indicator we should see map packs coming soon.

GOA.Luke*BK*
Quote Post

WannaBThu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 am

There is a map pack due out early November, i think it was like 2nd or the 4th... maybe the 3rd? i cant remember lol 2 new maps
Quote Post

WannaBThu Oct 21, 2010 5:01 am

Source

Its coming out on the 2nd Smile just checked ^_^
Quote Post

CapZacThu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

November 2nd release is for xbox/ps3, no release date for pc yet.  

I'm glad there's no prone, would promote more snipers/camping and less people pursuing the objective.  Lean however, would be a nice add to any game.  I agree with you AstroDad, what appears to be good cover is obviously not when viewed from the oppostition's line of sight Mad Explosive blast radius is unrealistic as i've noted before, but this is intentional design element, perhaps due to smaller number of players 12v12 than BC2?  Don't know...

Here's article:

EA has announced that Medal of Honor sold 1.5 million units in its first week on sale, while the game's first instalment of DLC will arrive for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users on November 2nd.

The DLC will be free of charge to all gamers who've registered their Online Pass for Medal of Honor (available with all new copies of the game or as a separate purchase over Xbox Live/PSN) and will add a new multiplayer mode to the game. However, EA hasn't confirmed a PC release for the DLC at this stage, so we've sent off an e-mail to check and will update this article should we receive a response.

Entitled 'Clean Sweep', the new mode will pit two teams against each other in best-of-three matches played through four minute rounds. The catch is that there's no respawning in each round. Two all-new maps will be provided for the mode (Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves) as well as two additional redesigns of existing maps (Diwagal Camp and Kabul City Ruins).

Medal of Honor's current figure of 1.5 million unit sales effectively gives it half the tally that the game's Producer, Greg Goodrich thinks will be required to justify a sequel. With only one week on the market so far, we'll bet good money it reaches that 3 million mark in the coming months.  

EA's CEO, John Riccitiello revealed yesterday that Medal of Honor has generated $100 million (roughly £64 million) in revenues so far.

Frank Gibeau, President at EA stated, “Medal of Honor is one of EA’s most storied franchises and we’re thrilled to see that fans worldwide have embraced it. In this ultra competitive category, Medal of Honor stands out from the pack. By portraying the Tier 1 Operator as so elite, so tough, Medal of Honor offers a view into a world that has the power to resonate with FPS gamers everywhere.”
Quote Post

Forums ©