Polite & Friendly's

in

Post here if you like Nvidia or Radeon

wesleyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 am

let us know what you like best and why. thanks
Quote Post

ImmolationWed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 am

Radeon, because I think it's the best quality for your money, and my card hasn't let me down after 2 years.
Quote Post

BlackEagle5Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:27 am

nvidia, i havent had any real problems except for a driver they released cause my video card overheated, thank god i caught it in time before it blowed,it wasnt the cards fault its my fault for not paying attention to what the community were saying about the driver.
Quote Post

UFANSWed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 am

I was a Nvidia guy (SLI 8800gtx 256mb) but now I am running the Radeon 5850 and it hands down beat the SLI setup.  Going to crossfire when price drops a bit.
Quote Post

DiggerBazWed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 am

I have a Radeon ATI 4800 card that seems fine. But then I'm no expert.
Quote Post

Silent_WolfWed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 am

Im currently running a ATI FirePro V7800.  I've run a few nvidia cards and well I think the rendering on ATI is much better.  But thats just me.
Quote Post

WannaBWed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 am

This is going to start a flaming war ^_^

Ive used both and atm there both pretty decent; Ati is plagued with driver issues while nvidia has the heat issues ( iso of a die shrink ;P ).

Currently i'm a nvidia fan waiting for the die shrink fermi's ^_^
Quote Post

just-dieWed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 am

i`ve had both no problems,i like ati the best you get more bang for the buck
Quote Post

tetWed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 am

Been using Nvidia cards since I started building computers years ago.  This rig is currently using an ATI card though.  Price/performance depends on what I purchase.
Quote Post

ImmolationWed Aug 25, 2010 2:43 am

One problem I've had with ATI is the game company of heroes... all of a sudden my game started crashing on me for no apparent reason, and I believe this to be a video card issue. Runs everything else perfectly fine though.
Quote Post

SlaymoreWed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 am

I used to be a die-hard nVidia fan... been using ATI lately due to price/performance - the quality seems more iffy as I've had many more returns of ATI product than I ever had with nVidia. On the "soft" side, I absolutely loved the driver installation nVidia driver developers put out... ATI usually requires removing all old drivers and then installing the new ones to prevent driver corruption and/or confusion with older drivers by the O/S. So, having said that I guess you could put me in the nVidia camp. Smile
Quote Post

PsisahWed Aug 25, 2010 4:01 am

Eh I've used both since long time ago.  R.I.P Voodoo 3dfx!

Both have issues with certain games.  Some games Nvidia doesn't run well, others ATI doesn't.

I think the 5000 series of ATI are very, very good for price/performance.  And the 4000s are even better!
Quote Post

-N30N-Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:52 am

As of right now I'm running ATI 4850X2. dual core Vid card, with manual fans turned to approx 70%. runs 39c under load and 32c idle.

I used to run nVidia 8800GTS OC'd and after market cooled. ran fune until the update when they released the last update with the newer maps. then I started gettin a little laggin and glitching.. so I upgraded to dual core GPU and Water Cooling..
Quote Post

Sabotage-NORWed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 am

I have always used nVidia cards. And i think i will stick to it. Never had any prob. with them.
The card i use now , is a N275GTX TWIN FROZR 896mb DDR3.

Sgt.Sabotage*BK*
Quote Post

TrooperWed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Big fan of nvidia. I to have run ATI and like the nvidia better. My card is not as big as some of the others in here but the Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 does me a great job.
Quote Post Goto page 123Next

Forums ©