Polite & Friendly's

in

Polite and Friendly Server get together in Chicago?

Can you make it?

Total Votes : 27

LukeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 pm

THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA PLEASE DO NOT BUY PLANE TICKETS AT THIS TIME.

This event is open to all who enjoy playing in our servers. Members and non members are welcome.

We are looking for how many members and non members would be interested in coming to Chicago this October 1st threw the 3rd (Friday - Sunday) for a fun time of food and game play.

We will arrive Friday evening for check in and we can meet in the hotel bar/restaurant for dinks. Saturday we will meet around 10 till 1l am to set up our computers and start gaming. We will included lunch and a pizza buffet dinner. We can game late into the night and socialize at the restaurant or at the pool table. Sunday members who want to meet up at the hotels restaurant are welcome to before heading home.

The cost of a room per night is $109.00 plus tax. This covers king, two twins, or a one room suit. (We will have a section on the forums to help members find room mates for the event this way it can be as low as $109.00 plus tax for the hole weekend.) There will be a $55 charge for the lan part event. The $55 dollar cost covers both lunch and dinner and helps pay for the ball room.

We would need at least 35 people to attend the event to break even. What we want to know now is how many members are willing to attend the event? Please let us know by your vote in the poll posted above. I know many members have said before they are interested what we want to know is how many people can make this weekend.

GOA.Luke*BK*
Quote Post

BraxisTue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 pm

my yes is a very tentative yes, but i am interested in the idea.  If i am able I would love to come and meet my fellow BK in the flesh.  there is something so satisfying about a LAN... being able to smack your opponents up-side the head, maybe...

SSG.Braxis*BK*
Quote Post

mr-tWed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 am

i would be interested but I'm not allowed in to the country
maybe next year or the next time
Quote Post

MrFurleyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 am

Like I want to see all your ugly mugs in person...

Just kidding (but seriously...). I'm down. I live in Chicago. Depending on my living situation (and my girlfriend) , I may be able to host someone at my place. We're planning on using an extra room for my office/guest room so we'll have a bed. We 'll also have at least one couch so  we could possibly host another. There will also be cats.
Furley
Quote Post

baumentWed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 am

I'd have to see what's on the schedule when the time gets closer but I'm definitely interested. I'm 3 1/2 hours downstate. Course, I'll have to drive over to the UK and pick up T so I might be an hour late..........
Quote Post

OrckWed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 am

hey it's just a quick hop from florida.......
Quote Post

WannaBWed Jan 13, 2010 3:20 am

Id love to go! The only problem is the current price ive seen on ticket prices are around 3-400 bucks; then again ive got a buddy from my ex-clan that is a travel agent so i might be able to get them a little cheaper

( ill talk to him tonight and see what all he can do )

so just for pricing

300+110+60+spending money hah imma be BROKE ^_^ and working on a student salary idk if ill be able to make it!

Id still love to hear more about it though! maybe ill be able to talk one of my buddies into going with me; anyone live near chicago that wouldn't mind a couple 19 year olds from BK hanging out for a while that is thinking about going to this? ^_^ ( cats kill me so that would be a bad thing lol )
Quote Post

psycodadWed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 am

I am in.....it would be great to get together and meet up with fellow Bkers
Quote Post

SpiderWed Jan 13, 2010 4:13 am

Easy for me, I'm in Chicago and would be all for it. I know it is months away and things do change but if we all make an effort it would be a fun event for all of us that have something in common.
Quote Post

PIE168Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 am

im VERY interested but sadly i cant go. Even tho i live about 1 hour away from Chicago, My parents want me to concertrate more on my studys.
Quote Post

FarmrDanWed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 am

Well I am 16 so I could go If I could drive. I am currently employed but I am investing in a nw motor over spring so iwill probably be dead broke. But maybe in a year or 2 especially after tractor pulls. Then I will have money to spare Smile Sorry But I cannot attend Sad
Quote Post

Sabotage-NORWed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 am

Crying or Very sad
Quote Post

ChicagoMikeyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 am

Sounds fun to me. I am very interested.
Quote Post

SpiderWed Jan 13, 2010 5:29 am

Preview of "Chicago Get-Together"????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyy5xZkwsMA
Quote Post

ImmolationWed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 am

I'm in the same boat as farmrdan. 17, but parents most definetely would not let me drive to chicago for a clan get together.
Quote Post Goto page 1234Next

Forums ©