Polite & Friendly's

in

New desk

A3TripodTue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Since Bull won't leave me alone, please observe the before/after desk situation.

The original setup actually had 2 PCs under it.  My wife's digital editing machine (in picture) and my gamer.  When I'd work, I'd also have my Lenovo T61 on the desktop.  It was crowded, and made for an uncomfortable sitting position (note the desk height).  Also, it was impossible for my wife to work when I was working, which meant bad karma (pun intended) in the house.

The new desk is Cherry and steel, with a black glass top.  More importantly its in one of our guest rooms where I have my own space to work and shut myself away from the screaming/sleeping kids.  

old:

new:
Quote Post

tetTue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 pm

It looks great.  Mine is just a cheap thing I picked up at Walmart a while back.  I used to have this amazing l shaped oak and glass desk a few years ago.  The thing was huge and worked great.  I miss that desk.  We had good times together. Sad
Quote Post

BullTue Dec 29, 2009 7:10 pm

I'll do mine once i clean off my desk its kinda messy right now.
Quote Post

STEVYYTue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 pm

It must be a GREAT SIN to be that clean and organized.
Quote Post

A3TripodWed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 am

Actually that's kinda messy for my taste.  I didn't have any zip ties to keep the cords tidy.  Also, on my last monitor, it was shaped in a way that i could hang my Sennheiser's behind it - out of sight.  The new Sammy monitor is so thin, i'm forced to leave it laying on the desk.

It drives me crazy that my telephone is white instead of black.  My Plantronics headset for work requires a phone that actually has to a receiver to lift in order to work properly.  All I had was this old white GE.  REALLY wanted to buy a new black one, but I just drank some coffee to subdue my ocd and plowed through.  My desk in the office looks like I don't even sit there.  Oh - wait! I don't usually Wink
Quote Post

DiggerBazWed Dec 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Nice A3 - I am very messy too but I will take a pic of my desk ans post it later.
Quote Post

Forums ©