Polite & Friendly's

in

Proliferating the English language

tempUserSat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 am

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tactics
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tactical

Hey there everyone, I posted those links because it relates to what I have to write.

I was recently Kicked/Banned from one of your BF3 servers.

Before I got kicked, I was told I needed to crouch so I can be tactical.

It was a crouch server

Now, mind you I deserve the kick/ban since I was running around capping all the flags and killing a bunch of people along the way. I'm not here to contest that.

What I would like to ask is that you inform your members that crouching does not amount to being tactical, moving fast and setting up firing positions is. And if anyone would like to contest that definition, please click on the links I provided to get the proper definition of the word.

I use to play on your 64 player server until it started to be empty all the time, had tons of fun with mature people. I'm sure people playing in these crouch will be able to use proper terminology when describing their actions.
Quote Post

AbramSat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 am

Far as game servers go, it's more of a loose idiom. Any server I've ever played that has been labeled as "Tactical" employs gameplay such as crouch, walk, etc. -  slower and more methodical pace and gameplay

In any case, "Crouch" is right there in the server name. But give it another shot, you may grow to like it.
Quote Post

LukeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 pm

We are not a tactical server we are a crouch server. We have crouch in our name as to offer a slower style of game play NO more no less. You where kicked for 15 minutes the game shows all kicks as bans till the time is up.

GOA.Luke*BK*
Quote Post

WatjalukinatSat Mar 02, 2013 3:50 pm

He won't read these, used a temp user name, just wanted to be an anonymous complainer.
Quote Post

LukeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:47 pm

They always come back and look even when they say they wont. If they didn't care enough to come back and look than they wouldn't have posted.
Quote Post

tempUserSat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Watjalukinat wrote:

He won't read these, used a temp user name, just wanted to be an anonymous complainer.

hey just because i have  a temporary user doesn't mean i don't check on my posts

anyways, like i said, I'm not contesting the ban, I deserve it, but  just wish people would know the actual meaning of the words they use.

thanks for the response, guys/gals.
Quote Post

WatjalukinatSun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 am

Well, then I would say tactical is a relative term. Relative to the tactics desired. Let them run their server as they wish.
Quote Post

Forums ©